[Ti] Re: fan use and multiple windows open

Da Pen macstonelson at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 29 08:15:13 PDT 2005

On Aug 27, 2005, at 12:25 PM, Robert Nicholson wrote:
> Have any other people noticed their fans being used
a lot more
> recently than previously?

Hello.  Curious about the fan issue as well.  We are
still using 10.3.9 with all recent updates.  Have
noticed in the last several months increased usage as
well and increased hard drive access when surfing net.

Another issue, my wife has been doing heavy surfing
lately doing some research.  She notices that after
several hours of activity and multiple windows open (I
suppose 13 or more) closing a window can take a
looonggg time.  Switching to finder or other programs
takes a loongg time too.  She's using Safari 1.3
(v312).

We're running a 1GHz 15" Powerbook, 256 MB Ram.  We've
got 47GB on our 60GB (55.88 capacity) HD.  DSL
connection.

If it's a Ram issue.  What recommendations to you have
for quality chip supplier?

Cheers. Dave

PS. I briefly wondered if Apple has increased the fan
usage because of previous battery issues?