WordPerfect vs, MS Word (was: Re: [Ti] Re: OpenOffice on Mac)

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Sun Dec 4 16:17:51 PST 2005

On Dec 4, 2005, at 5:56 PM, Ardeshir Mehta wrote:

> But isn't MS Word at present up to the mark for most large heavily
> formatted technical documentation/layout?

Word integrates very poorly with Acrobat Pro and Photoshop, which is
our other two main applications for preparing technical
documentation.  The other factor is training and support.  Adobe's
training programs are simply far superior to Microsoft's, or anything
we can get from the local colleges for training on Microsoft products.
--
Chris

PGP Key:  http://astcomm.net/~chris/PGP_Public_Key/