[Ti] OFFTOPIC Powerbook MacIntel . . .

No Time To Explain luteslinger at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 05:40:01 PST 2005

On 12/4/05, Dr Trevor J. Hutley <TrevorHutley at consultant.com> wrote:

> On 4 Dec 2005, at 00:28, Chris Olson wrote:
>
> > On Dec 3, 2005, at 1:40 PM, Dr Trevor J. Hutley wrote:
> >
> >> marketing and monopoly
> >
> > Right.  Basically the best designed products (aka Mac OS/PowerPC)
> > rarely make it into the hands of the consumer in dominant numbers.
> > The best marketed (aka Windows/x86) do.
> >
> > The one that loses in the end is the consumer.
>
> which of course is what a monopoly is: a dominant power that makes
> money at the expense of the consumer.
>
> Trevor

Quality superior computers are not the only ones that have to vie for
a market share because they have less marketing power. Take clothing
for example. I come to work in my EMU's, while everyone else trods in
with their Macy's, Men's Wearhouse and Wal-Mart clothes. My EMU's
(Extra-vehicular Mobility Unit) is made from the highest quality
threads. My phone and mp3 player are built into it, it has a heating
and A/C system that runs on my body heat,. I can even pee in it and it
turns it into a hydration pack, and a helmet so I don't hurt myself in
case I fall, which should be a state law to wear one at all times
anyways.

My EMU is BETTER BETTER BETTER, but will the world change? No, they
are the same old hum-drum Dockers or jeans and shoes. But alas, cotton
and polyester still owns over 80% of the market. I also believe these
are all i386 users.