[Ti] Re: WordPerfect vs, MS Word

Mikael Byström mikael.bystrom at punkass.com
Mon Dec 5 06:24:50 PST 2005

Henry Kalir said:

>Market share is important.
For developing companies, installed user base is at least as important.
But yes, I feel that in Europe at least Apple is doing far too little to
increase sales. I blame Steve Jobs for this. He should give Apple Europe
more freedom to pursue their markets.

>people would be able to run the Mac OS on a cheaper machine
Gartner group have shown several times that the Total Cost of Ownership
of the Mac platform have been and remain lower than WinTel. I'm quite
confident that will remain so with Macintels.
I'm not sure Apple could compete at the low end consumer market on
hardware price alone. Perhaps the price difference should be less, but it
shouldn't be the prime factor for buying Macs. iPods are not cheaper than
the competition, at least not in Europe, but they have compelling qualities.