WordPerfect vs, MS Word (was: Re: [Ti] Re: OpenOffice on Mac)

Ardeshir Mehta ardeshir at mac.com
Wed Dec 7 11:55:49 PST 2005

On 5-Dec-05, at 9:33 AM, Mikael Byström wrote:

> Chris Olson said:
>
>> Windows has gotten cheaper to support than Mac OS because Apple
>> keeps throwing a new curve ball that breaks backwards
>> compatibility every 4 or 5 years.  And every time they do, they
>> loose more software vendors.
>
> Bummer.

Bummer, indeed.

I wonder what the advantages of sticking with the mac might be, if
this trend is going to continue.

Don't get me wrong: I am a die-hard Macintosh fan, and indeed in the
past wrote - under the *nom de plume* of "Laser Quasar Absolutely" -
a series of articles regarding the Future of the Mac at
"MacReviewZone" (they are all archived at <http://tinyurl.com/
9zl9s>.) But if the Mac doesn't let me do what people need it to do,
then it perforce *will* lose to Windows, won't it.

Oh well. Cheers, anyway.