[Ti] Ti Powerbook Processor Upgrade

Mikael Byström mikael.bystrom at punkass.com
Sat Dec 10 18:03:31 PST 2005

Webmstr1 said:

>I have recently purchased my second Mac. A Titanium Powerbook 500. It
>came with 125RAM. I am already going to upgrade it to 1gb. But, I was
>wondering if it was possible to upgrade the processor. Anybody have
>any ideas?

Only way I know of is to sell it and buy a faster tibook. Because the
processor is on the logic board itself, it's either hard or impossible to
remove it for replacement. Faster boards from later powerbook titaniums
won't fit as far as I know.
You could overclock it, but that comes with some risk. Read up att Xlr8
your mac: <www.xlr8yourmac.com>.