[Ti] more speculation

John Pariseau simplymail at ururk.com
Tue Dec 13 11:49:21 PST 2005

On Dec 13, 2005, at 8:36 AM, Ross Winn wrote:

> The PC Card is dead. It has been for a while.

Golee-gee. I bought me a 5G iPod, and bought a USB 2 PCMCIA card at
the same time. I really didn't need the USB 2 for the iPod, but my
camera (20D) took forever when I was doing computer controlled
shooting (macro work), and the availability of the PC Card has
enabled me to keep my laptop instead of buying a new one just for USB
2. Plus the added benefit of transferring large files to my iPod
really fast.

The interface may be dying, but USB isn't the end-all. Something will
need to take it's place, as there is sometimes a need for greater
expansion when laptop computing.