[Ti] Re: Dual Layer cable for Powerbook G4 400

Dan K macdan at comcast.net
Tue Dec 13 17:31:38 PST 2005

to which Mikael Bystr?m <mikael.bystrom at punkass.com> replied:
>yes, I hadn't thought of that issue yet. Thanks.

See my page:
<http://mywebpages.comcast.net/macdan/PB_99_2K_EBM_sled.html>

While this details the same mod for Lombard/Pismo EBMs, it's the same
pins involved on your TiBook's cable. A very easy mod, I had to do this
when I recently installed a . . .

>I guess I'm going to get one. Anyone think there are better DVD-RW drives
>than Sony out there?

Pioneer DVR-K05 in 'scruffy', my DVI TiBook. scruffy simply refused to
boot from CD with the 'C' key held down until I did the mod.

see this thread :
<http://www.applefritter.com/node/9537>

for some relevant discussion.

FYI, the DVR-K05 cost me ~US$90 from zipzoomfly:
<http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=171021>

dan k

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700