[Ti] help with 10.4

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Wed Dec 14 00:45:30 PST 2005

> 14 dec 2005 kl. 04.27 skrev Mark Swanson:
>
>> I carbon copied it to an external firewire drive. <clip> My 200
>> gig  went schizo and won't let me log in.
> ----------
> At one point or other this was a known bug in CCC.
----------
In the help section of CCC (my version is 2.3 should update I
guess :-)) it says:

Q(17): I've booted from the clone, but it presents me with a login
screen and won't accept my password. What do I do?
A: Occasionally (but rarely), the NetInfo database does not copy
properly. Often this is because the target disk was not formatted
before cloning. The fix is fairly easy:

Reboot into single-user mode (hold down command+s during boot). When
prompted, type:

fsck -y
[repeat until it no longer says that the Filesystem was modified]
mount -uw /
cd /var/db/
rm .AppleSetupDone
cd netinfo
mv local.nidb local.nidb.bak
exit

As the system boots, you will get the Apple Setup Assistant. Enter
your name, password, etc (be sure to use the same short name). You
should be able to get in just fine now.

Hope this will help you too.

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/> updat 050215