[Ti] more speculation

Alex alex at fotomotion.net
Fri Dec 16 06:19:27 PST 2005

For those of you who do not keep a regular tap on the news wires,
heres an article
that summarizes 1394 uses into 2006.

http://www.macsimumnews.com/index.php/archive/
firewire_popularity_grows_this_year_fw_800_set_to_flourish_in_2006/

Quote//
Currently, FireWire400 is designed into more than 65 percent of
notebooks. Estimates for 2006 reach approximately 72 percent. By the
end of 2006, a total of more than 48 million 1394-equipped notebooks
will have shipped, including some three million with FireWire 800
speeds. An estimated 11 million consumer desktop computers will also
include FireWire connection capabilities.

Most computer motherboards now provide FireWire400, and new
motherboards equipped with FireWire 800 have been announced by Intel,
Gigabyte, Asustek and Foxconn during this year...

Alex

--

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go
by" - Douglas Adams