[Ti] Flickering

Hector Luna polonius19 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 09:58:18 PST 2005

I just had a similar thing happen on my Ti550. In my case, it was only
the lower third of the screen that was affected. It got progressively
worse. In the course of a week it went from being annoying to
unusable. I still had it under Applecare so I made an appointment w/
the Geniuses at the Apple store. The one at the counter took one look
at it and said it was the logic board. So they shipped it to Apple (or
where ever it is they farm to work out to). Once there, the techs
determined it was the display and replaced it. When I went to pick it
up, they had my aftermarket 512MB chip in a bag w/ a note from Apple
saying the cause of my problem was the aftermarket chip. I left it
alone for a day, put the chip back in and proceeded to stress test it
for another two days (nothing special, I was just editing video in
iMovie). No more problems, everything seemed OK.

Between you and me, I think it was the screen.

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 11:36:28 -0600, erikv at mac.com <erikv at mac.com> wrote:
> At 1:23 PM +0200 1/31/05, Petri Luukkonen wrote:
> >Hi,
> >my trusty "old" 667 Ti screen has started to behave like shiny flag
> >during windy days. This must be a type of question discussed b4 many
> >times in this list.
> >
> >Symptoms are horizontal thin lines in screen, flickering fast and
> >occasionally, not all the time. Like some sort of static disturb but
> >visual... quite annoying and would be nice to get it fixed. Don't
> >have applecare and local shop takes quite hefty repair prices.
> >
> >Could it be logic board, or video cable ?
> >
> >Thanks for any response and tips!
>
> Are you using third party memory?
>
> Regards,
> --