[Ti] battery suggestions?

Carbotron jason at kradcarbon.com
Wed Feb 2 07:22:18 PST 2005

i didn't actually post because i was using a diff adress.. sory all.
this applies same to you too though!

it probably is the cells. li-ion cells die after so many
cycles(temperature and charging). try using Xbattery(you can find it on
versiontracker) to see how dead it is. to get a little extra
temporarily you can try charging it up fully, and then over the next
few days keep it plugged in and every hour or so, unplug it for about
five minutes. after a full overnight charge, let it run down into sleep
mode. that last bit only resets the battery's capacity value(for time
left calculations etc)

you can get new cells for about 40-120$ and solder them in yourself.
the price depends on how much capacity the cells have, from
1200-2400mah each at 3.7v. the cell size is 18650 and from what i've
seen, unless you're very careful, it's more of a risk breaking the
electronics inside while opening it up.

i found that there are several manufacturers now. on ebay there are
some 4000mah batteries for about 100 bucks total always. you can also
get a 4800mah battery made by newertech that is $150, which is about 30
more than the cells themselves, and actually a pretty good deal. if you
check dealmac.com daily you should be able to find a sale within a few
weeks on some decent battery. i've been searching for a replacement
battery for my 800, and yesterday i found on ebay a used, scratched
4400mah battery for 70 bucks total. you never know what you'll find, i
figure at that price, even if it's holding 4000mah, it's a deal. so you
can find them.
i'll take your ~dead one if you wanna get rid of it without disposal
costs. i have some new cells looking for a battery housing and a
project that's going to take a few batteries. (in may)

well, whatever you decide to do, good luck!

	-Jason Economou

	-Jason Economou
	Carbotron Composites