[Ti] Wireless Network

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Wed Feb 2 10:01:41 PST 2005

>Anyway, I recommended using a similar setup as mine DSL Line > Modem > Airport Express. I use the dial up program that is in my modem to connect to the internet.

Why would you be using a dial up program with DSL? Are you really just using a user name, password to get authentication on your DSL line?

>That way I don't need a base station to connect to the internet.

No one needs a base station to connect unless they are needing wireless connectivity, and thus, a wireless access point.

> Does anyone know of a Cable modem that has a dial up program to connect?

Cable modems don't typically use PPPoE (with user name, and password to authenticate.)
--

Robert Ameeti

A competitive world has two possibilities for you. You can lose. Or, if you want to win, you can change.