[Ti] Latest speed bumped PowerBooks

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Wed Feb 2 19:00:16 PST 2005

On Feb 2, 2005, at 5:00 PM, Mark Gibson wrote:

> My current superdrives (one in a G5 desktop and the other in a 1GHz
> PowerBook) will not accept DVD-RW as media that can be burned, erased
> and then used again.

Mark,  If you are interested in trying out DVD-RW with your 1 GHz
Powerbook now, there is a firmware hack available here:

http://superdrive.cynikal.net/

There is also Apple-supported firmware available to back-flash to
factory standards.  You can also choose if you want your drive to be
region-free for DVD viewing.  I've been running this firmware on my 1
GHz LunchtrayDeluxe (Rev. A 17-inch PB) for as long as I can remember
and have had no problems.  The site recommends you use quality DVD-RW
media, however.

Peter

A little computer haiku:
I can't remember
the last time I restarted
I love OS X

This message sent with Mail.app 1.3 on Mac OS X 10.3.7