[Ti] Re: XBench 800 MHZ DVI compared with 1.6 GHZ 64MB VRAM

Robin Jackson robinjackson at mac.com
Fri Feb 4 05:48:26 PST 2005

Looking at the results of these benchmarks I am very disappointed.

I was about to splash out for an upgrade from my own existing PB 800Mhz to
the 1.67Ghz model but looking at the results I am not sure if it is worth
it?

I was kinda hoping that double the clock speed (and buss speeds etc) would
lead to double the performance.

I have to use VPC 7.01 quite extensively and was hoping to boost the
performance significantly if I am only going to see a 20% performance
improvement its not worth it.

Any thoughts from the folks here?

Have I misread the benchmarks?

Robin

PS I also looked at the 1.5Ghz benchmarks posted