[Ti] Purchase: older 15" or older 17"?

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Sun Feb 6 23:43:21 PST 2005

--On February 6, 2005 09:27:36 AM -0600 Chris Scott <crscott at newsguy.com>
wrote:

> ith the release of the new models and the price drops of the superceded
> models, we're considering buying one of the superceded models, i.e., the
> 15" or 17" 1.5 GHz models.
>
> Are there any known or widely reported significant issues regarding either
> one?  Or, if you own one, could you let me know your overall opinion of it?

I like the 15" units. They have about the same features and performance and
are more portable and certainly cheaper. If you're a big movie fan and are
going to watch a lot of movies with it, or do some heavy graphics work, and
you really don't need to carry it around much, the 17" screen is really
great.

Alternatively, if you're looking for increased general screen real estate AND
portability, a 15" unit with a second lower-cost 15" LCD display may be a
good way to go for a similar price. I use a bit 19" LCD display for most of
my work, with the 15" PowerBook screen off to the side to hold additional
windows. But if I need to travel, the 15" is a nice lightweight relatively
compact unit to grab and go.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com