[Ti] video ram

thor thorthor at altern.org
Tue Feb 8 16:06:30 PST 2005

On 8 Feb 2005, at 23:34, Lisbeth Zachs wrote:

> 2005-02-08 kl. 23.10 skrev thor:
>
>> Reset the VRAM on a Titanium?
> -----------
> Found this with a Google search:
> <http://www.charlottemacworkshop.org/march03.html>
> Some users have been able to get an extra few minutes to back up their
> system by resetting the Power Management Unit
> (Shift-Control-Option-Power). One user reported fixing the whole issue
> by booting into OpenFirmware (hold Command-Option-O-F during startup)
> and typing "reset-vram" and then "reset-all."
>
> Can not vote for it accuraccy, but it sound like it refers to your
> problem. Please read the site before attempting OpenFirmware.

Thanks Lisbeth!

I started up in Open Firmware but it does not recognise "reset-vram"
it says:
unknown command reset

But it does recognise "reset-nvram"
and "reset-all"

none of these help.

I think NVRAM and VRAM is not the same, so I'm still looking for
the way to reset the video ram.

Any further ideas, somebody?

cheers
thor