[Ti] network printing problem

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Sun Feb 13 11:51:53 PST 2005

In my office, I have my Airport Extreme, which provides the wireless
internet connection to my Al-book.

I have used the HP Laserjet wirelessly, connected to the Airport, all
of last Semester.

It does not work now like that, for an unknown reason..
The Airport provides a flawless internet connection.

I can connect the HP Laserjet 1300 via USB cable to my laptop and it
works perfectly.

If I connect the Laserjet to the Airport, my laptop can recognise it
as a Rendezvous printer, by name, searches for a moment to 'create
the printer' but always says 'there was an error adding the printer'
(without saying WHAT the rror was).

When I then take the option of editing the printer list, I can Add
the printer, it immediately sees HP Laserjet 1300 as a rendezvous
printer, searches and then says DRIVER NOT INSTALLED.

What is happening here?  I presume the driver MUST be istalled
otherwise I could not print from the USB port.  Is there something
else that I need to do?  That maybe I did 5 months ago but have
forgotten about?

I feel a bit helpless with all this technology but still having to
use a USB cable....

Any advice would be appreciated.

regards,  Trevor