[Ti] network printing problem

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Sun Feb 13 12:21:26 PST 2005

oh, and by the way,

Apple decided to do something really silly on this last release of
Powerbooks. The "best" model (for my needs) is the one with the 128 Mb
of VRAM (as opposed to 64) and this is only available in either the 17"
(as standard) or in the 15" Superdrive as a "build to order" option.

For this reason the only way for me to get a 15" with 128 is to build
to order. Due to the way they have laid out the product codes the
Resellers seem to be in the same position. Smalldog, Micro Anvika,
Computer Warehouse, jigsaw24 all have the 128 machine as a build to
order option requiring Apple to build it (and hence slowing down the
delivery).

Annoying but that's the way it is.

I will almost certainly now ask my brother to order me a powerbook on
the US Apple Store and then it should ship by the time I arrive in the
states :)