[Ti] Fan Noise (TiBook 1GHz)

Fred fred at mindstate.com
Tue Feb 15 14:44:01 PST 2005

> From: Dick Grable <rgrable at mac.com>
> Subject: Re: [Ti] Fan Noise (TiBook 1GHz)
>
> Jay, call AppleCare before doing anything.
>
> On 2/15/05 1:16 PM, "Jay Ruuska" <jruuska at aol.com> wrote:
>
>> Last night my TiBook started making a fairly loud racket coming from the
>> upper right side near the power button. I assume the fan is starting to go?
>> Perhaps it's just dirty? How do I clean it out or inspect it? FYI: It's
>> still under AppleCare.

Removing the bottom of case to access the hard drive or the airport
card...which are both user accessible and replaceable under warranty...will
let you see the fans.  You can see if there is alot dust, dirt trapped in
there.  You can blow this out...carefully...using compressed air.  See it
this helps if you are comfortable with taking the bottom off.  See if see
anything that has come loose or has been sucked in there somehow.
Cheers
Fred