[Ti] Battery it isn't charging... crying for help!!!

Fred fred at mindstate.com
Thu Feb 17 12:48:26 PST 2005

> From: Thomas Bulat <tombulat at comcast.net>
> Subject: Re: [Ti] Battery it isn't charging... crying for help!!!
>> My pb 867mhz after the automatic updated show me 0% for battery, the icon
>> is Plug (not
>> Charging), the color of the plug is always green no matter what says the
>> battery indicator
>> which never goes over 1 flashing spot.
>
> Hi Carlos,
> My PowerBook G3 Lombard did the same thing about a year ago. I'd say your
> battery is shot and you might as well just get a new one. That's what I
> had to do.
>
> Good luck, and so long for now, TOM

Actually my 1Ghz ti did the same thing this morning.  I was switching
batteries and after I inserted the power plug...I noticed that the battery
read "0"   I always leave my 2 batteries...when stored...at the recommended
45-60% charged deal.  So, I pulled this one in and out, reset the power
manager...did a total reset pushing the internal reset button...zilch.  I
went for a walk, came back and the charge was up to 14%.  Go figure.  But
all seems well.  Later...back up to 99% but not fluctuating as usual...as
per the built-in recycling between 95 and 100% while plugged in.  When I put
the other battery in, it read 67%.  About right.  Not sure why...several
reports of different issues on MacFixit.  Just my recent experience.
Cheers
Fred