[Ti] remote desktop?

Hector Luna polonius19 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 11:09:58 PST 2005

Have you looked into VNC? I've used the OS X client to manage some NT
4 servers, but I think that they also have a server version that
allows you to remote desktop the OS X box. I think I read that you
can't read the screen? (and now that I re-read your original post,
this will probably be worthless to you. I think VNC needs the host to
have a working video card).

And for that matter, so does Timbutu, I think. Here's a link for VNC
if you wanted to research it further:
http://www.redstonesoftware.com/vnc.html.

Best of luck.

You know, you could always use to Terminal.app to SSH into your old
box. Maybe there is a way to use X11. I know our unix guys use X
windows to run remote desktops. It might be worth looking into. Maybe
someone on the list has some insight?

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:00:57 -0600, John Lyon <jelyon at mac.com> wrote:
> You might investigate VNC - it is pretty basic, works fairly well, is free,
> and you should be able to find it via <http://versiontracker.com>.
>
> Timbuktu is used widely, but I suspect the cost will be prohibitive.
>
> On 2/18/05 10:51 AM, "thor" <thorthor at altern.org> either wrote, forwarded or
> quoted:
>
> > Does anybody know of any good application for doing this?
>
> --
> JEL

Polonius19
Chief Malcontent & Misanthrope