[Ti] Funky involuntary log-off under 10.3.7?

Bill Gau bill.gau at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 00:20:39 PST 2005

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:49:25 -0500, John Griffin <jwegriffin at mac.com> wrote:
> I don't know if this fits into the picture, but if you open System
> Preferences/Security you will see a check box that lets you automatically
> log out after a set number of minutes of inactivity (the default value is
> 60). Make sure this is unchecked if you want to be sure the system doesn't
> log out on you without your permission.

John:

Thanks for the follow-up . . . but my security settings are NOT set to
automatically log out.

My short-term fix has been to "lock" the screen using the feature in
keychains (applications/utilities/keychain access: View:Show keychain
status in toolbar) and this enables me to lock the screen using the
user password.

A temporary fix until I can reformat and reload (The Windoze way out).

Regards,

Bill