[Ti] Excess cable with powerbook mounted iSight?

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Fri Jan 7 19:28:28 PST 2005

On Jan 7, 2005, at 8:59 PM, Mark Gibson wrote:

> I keep it spooled up in the plastic retaining "clip" that it came in.

The thing is, the 1.8 meter cable on the iSight might be handy if you
have a desktop that's buried under the desk someplace, but for use on a
PowerBook they should offer a shorter (like a 1.5') cable.  The
Firewire cable provided with iSight has a slim-profile connector to fit
inside the small plastic clip-together mount and most replacement
cables won't work without alteration.  It's no big deal to shorten it
if the excess cable is a problem.  Any electronics repair technician
that knows how to use a soldering pencil can do it.  I shortened mine
when I got it.

You can also use a Zip Linq (
http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/detail.asp?dpno=155986 ) which is
handy to have for a PowerBook anyway.