[Ti] [OT] Photoshop CS's hidden feature...

John simplymail at ururk.com
Wed Jan 12 21:48:40 PST 2005

Most of you who use Photoshop on a PowerBook G4 may know this, but I
just stumbled upon it today:

Normally, in Illustrator or other Adobe Apps, there is some option to
adjust type values point by point - either with a slider or arrows.
Well, in Photoshop CS, there are no sliders or arrows - or so you may
think. Basically, to go point by point (in most number box, not just
type), you would have to put your cursor in the box, and press the up
or down arrow keys.

HOWEVER, if you have your cursor in a number box (like point size), and
move the cursor to the left of the text box, the cursor changes. Click
drag to the left or right to change the values! This works in many more
scenarios than point size - try it while adjusting levels, or opacity.

This may have been in PS 7, but, since I never read about new features
extensively, it's new to me.

John Pariseau

PS - yeah, this is sort of OT, but I did tag the subject line. ANd, for
those who don't know about this or don't use PS - it is a very nice
time saving feature.