[Ti] [OT] iPod Shuffle

Alan Thompson alan at alanthompson.net
Thu Jan 13 15:06:08 PST 2005

> Alan - but could there truly be any serious contention that the
> comparison of the size of [the] iPod Shuffle with a pack of chewing
> gum could be misunderstood as a suggestionn to eat [the] iPod !

No, I don't think so, but Apple would not let such frivolous copy be a
part of the webpage - at least not for long if it was a prank by some
lowly webmaster.

Of course I don't think that there could be a case made that the
comparison of a plastic-encased consumer electronics device to a pack of
gum would imply that it's edible (iPod), but again, there is that
warning right there on the web page.

> If your ability to understand and raw simple conclusions from clear
> advertising was that poor, you would already be in serious trouble
> with the rest of your life.

Yep.

> I think that such a footnote could even exist - unless it is a spoof
> by the writers of the copy - speaks volumes about the nature of a
> society that needs to be fed in such a way.

Yep.

Danger!  Coffee is hot!  Remember that fiasco with McDonald's?

--alan