[Ti] Airport questions....

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Sat Jan 15 07:29:44 PST 2005

Robert Nicholson typed this message on 1/14/05 11:06 PM:

> So, I'm running my Tibook about 3 meters away from my basestation.
>
> Is it normal to see
>
> Strengh -63 and Noise -93
>
> Is that normal?

What are you using to get these figures? I remember being able to have a
running graph with my grey base station and Airport Admin Control in OS 9.2
that would continually show these figures but I can no longer find these.

I am presently using AP Grapher and it tells me that my signal strength is
71% and I have zero noise (shown by a red line which because of the lack of
noise doesn¹t even register). I am situated about 10¹ away and there are 3
drywall constructed walls between my Powerbook and base.

Do you have 2.4 ghz cordless telephones in your house?
Do you have your microwave running?
Do you have a cordless video surveillance system operating?

These are just some things that can cause noise in an airport connection.

jg