[Ti] Battery/Power problem

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Mon Jan 17 02:52:59 PST 2005

At 21:28 -0500 16/1/05, Chris Reinhart wrote:
>My TI 800 has just started to have a battery / power problem which
>I'm hoping one of you have seen.
>When the powerbook is plugged in the light on the end of the power
>cord will not light up.  The powerbook will turn on, but it does not
>appear to be charging the battery.  The menu icon is stuck on
>"Calculating.."
>Here's the things I have tried:
>
>- more then one outlet
>- more then one battery (I had an old one laying around)
>- PMU reset

I agree with Dennis... continue the substitutionn approach, to
specifically identify the problem.

Be systematic.
You have already started at the outlet (socket as we call it), so you
know that you have electricity.
Then move to the power supply.
Try your power supply on another Powerbook/iBook.
Try another power supply (even at an Apple shop if you are near one)
on your Powerbook.
I have a feeling it is the power supply.

Trevor