[Ti] Help selling a powerbook...

Benn joverkamp at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 18 16:21:32 PST 2005

On Jan 18, 2005, at 11:49 AM, Rod Duncan wrote:
> I'm confused. What gamble? Put a reserve price on it and let the
> bidding begin. You don't ship until you have the money. The real
> gamble is always on the purchaser's end. When buying, we always do it
> blind. The vendor holds all the cards. Maybe I am missing your point.

First of all, thank you all for your responses.

As for eBay, it is my impression and experience in selling that
reserves often scare off potential buyers, as they are unsure of what
price they will need to bid in order to get the machine if they win the
auction.  And, selling without a reserve, well, that's quite a gamble I
think.
I am also hesitant because of the fees eBay charges (even though they
are minimal) and the cut they take.  I'd feel better through a private
sale.  Perhaps I'm being unreasonable though.

Thanks again,
Benn