[Ti] Wireless Network

Sambouka sambouka at mac.com
Fri Jan 28 10:43:13 PST 2005

A friend of mine has an iBook and is interested in setting up a
wireless network at home. She connects to the internet using DSL. She
is interested in switching to Cable as they are increasing the speed
from 3 Mbits to 4 Mbits.

Anyway, I recommended using a similar setup as mine DSL Line > Modem >
Airport Express. I use the dial up program that is in my modem to
connect to the internet. That way I don't need a base station to
connect to the internet. Does anyone know of a Cable modem that has a
dial up program to connect?

Another question i have is why is the airport express cheaper than the
normal airport? Considering the fact that Airport Express does offer
more functionality than the regular airport.

Thanks,

Sam