[Ti] Re: G4/400 Freezing Constantly: MORE

Tristan Cunningham triscunn at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 10:54:15 PDT 2005

I threw a piece of transparent tape on top of a flat black five-wire ribbon
cable that led from the trackpad to somewhere off to the left, underneath a
very unforgiving notch. I did not see any damage to the cable but figured
that I should tape it anyway since I went through the trouble of finding and
then buying a torx T8 driver to remove the hard drive.

Well, that doesn't seem to do the trick. Also, when I restart, sometimes the
computer boots without the screen - as I type this, I hit cmd-ctrl-power
about 10 times and still haven't gotten a good boot (with a screen). I
occassionally reset my PMU when that happens, and sometimes that does the
trick...

Where does this "great machine" part come in? This is getting extremely
frustrating.