[Ti] crashing around

silvo conticello silvoc at tiscali.it
Thu Jul 7 15:36:17 PDT 2005

On 7 Jul 2005, at 02:27, John Azevedo wrote:
> On Jul 6, 2005, at 9:11 PM, silvo conticello wrote:
>> I've noticed the noise comes even if the earphones are plugged. Thus,
>> I would really think that the noise is not fromthe speakers but
>> fromsomething beneath. Might it be the hard drive? Since I've noticed
>> that there is no read/write activity whenever the problem arises.
>
> To rule out the HD, boot from the backup HD.

I've worked on the machine using the firewire backup HD, and I haven't
had any problem.
This would suggest the problem is the internal HD (this morning it
crashed twice).

And now is the next question:
I've a deadline next week and I cannot afford to send it for repair, do
you think it is better to use the internal HD (with a daily backup), or
to work boting from the external HD all the time?

Thanks,
Silvo

Silvo Conticello
Albook 17" 1.5GHz/1.5Gb RAM/80Gb HD/OS10.3.9
iMac 1GHz/500Mb Ram/80Gb HD/OS10.4.1/17" display
Cambridge UK