[Ti] G4/400 Losing Airport Connection

John Azevedo zoff at mac.com
Thu Jul 7 15:50:52 PDT 2005

On Jul 7, 2005, at 5:54 PM, Jerry Buc wrote:

> Recently my TiBook began losing it's airport connection. It will
> have a strong signal then drop off line completely. After a period
> of time (minutes) it regain the signal. The frequency is
> increasing. Moving it about the room does not help. Two other
> computers maintain the signal continuously (an iBook and Sony Viao).
>  Everything else operates normally. Is the card going bad?

Try taking the battery out, then rub the outer edge of the battery
compartment towards the the outer edge of the case. One of the
antennas is taped between the battery compartment and the bottom
housing. You can also open up the TiBook and rub both antennas so
that they stick to outer edges of the bottom housing. This worked for
me when I had a TiBook.