[Ti] Re: IBM introduces new PowerPC processors

Henry Kalir kalirhe at umdnj.edu
Sat Jul 9 17:17:16 PDT 2005

Apple's been doing the right thing!

And if one would finally have the freedoom to buy a non-Apple computer
and run the Mac OS on it - so much the better!

As for the IBM Processor - if another computer company makes a killer
product which "takes off"...Apple can always go back and incorporate
this processor again. No reason why the Mac OS can't continue to "lead a
double life". I wonder if the Chinese would be willing to pay the $7K
for a 970 CPU based machine..

I say - it's a GREAT day for long suffering Mac loyalists like myself
who had to endure that narrow mindset which drove the Mac market share
to near zero levels.

Best,

Henry