[Ti] [OT] Re: IBM introduces new PowerPC processors

Kynan Shook kshook at cae.wisc.edu
Sun Jul 10 11:28:01 PDT 2005

~flipper <lord.flipper at gmail.com> writes:
> Justin R. Miller wrote:
>> Is it me or is this thread off-topic again?
>>

> Well, it's off-topic IF you own a nice Ti-Book, and don't care about
> the future of your investment in software... that a shoe that fits?

No, it _*/IS/*_ off-topic.  It doesn't matter how you can tie it back
into a Titanium.  This wouldn't be the place for me to start a
discussion on the merits of tantalum capacitors, even though
PowerBooks undoubtedly use quite a few of them (among other types).
That's effectively what has been going on here, albeit with a
component slightly more complex and central to the operation of the
computer.

I'm really sick of all the discussions, many of which contain
misinformation, suffer from a lack of real information, or attempt to
pass opinion as infallible truth.  If anybody has anything to say to
me, feel free to do it OFF list (flames can be directed to /dev/
null).  I suggest that those of you interested in the current
discussion take it off-list in whatever manner you like.  Meanwhile,
I'll be weighing the merits of sticking around here versus finding a
new list to haunt.

A refresher of what listmom sent about a month ago, for the benefit
of all, follows: