[Ti] Bluetooth suddenly fails to pair w/ mouse/keyboard (SOLVED)

Timothy Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Mon Jul 11 19:55:34 PDT 2005

This might save someone else a call to AppleCare...

I came in this a.m. and my Apple Wireless Keyboard wouldn't work.  I
assumed it was the batteries.  Put new ones in, and no go.

Deleted it from Bluetooth devices list and re-synced it....

The device was "discovered" but failed to pair.

I first assumed this was the keyboard.  Called AppleCare and they ran
me through the paces (new batteries?  reboot?  turn keyboard off an
on, etc).  They were just about to send me a replacement keyboard
when he asked if it worked w/ other BT devices.

I wasn't using any at the time, but pulled out my BT mouse and tried
it: same problem.  Mouse was discovered, but pairing failed almost
instantly.

Brought it home and tried a couple other devices, and no go (these
worked fine last night).

I figured I was going to have to send it in for repairs, but the tech
had me reset the PMU (power down, press + hold ctrl+shift+option and
press power, wait about 10 seconds, release and press power) and it
worked flawlessly.

FWIW/FYI

TjL