[Ti] charging Alubook

rob morris rob.morris at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 14 18:46:18 PDT 2005

> From: zefred <zefred at popstar.com>
> Subject: Re: [Ti] charging Alubook

> Le 15 juil. 05, à 02:32, Tom Klinkowstein a écrit :
>
>> Works fine, just takes a bit longer.
>
> Nope, doesn't work at all !
>
> The chargers from the first two titanium generations had a bigger plug
> that won't fit in the titanium ( and alu, and new ibooks) socket.
>
> I burned my Ti800 charger twice, so I had it replaced by a ti500 one
> (flying saucer model). I just took the plug from my burned charger and
> adapted it to the old charger's wire.
>
> This way it works perfectly.

That is not right, sorry.
That flying saucer chgr you had was probably from a Pismo, rather than a Ti.
All Ti have had the same size plug due to the dimensions of the case,  the
earlier Ti were not any thicker than the later versions.  The saucer chgrs
that came with the Ti 400/500 had the smaller plug.