[Ti] 3 beeps, etc.

Bradley Ellis brad212 at mac.com
Sun Jul 17 18:22:58 PDT 2005

Hello all,

Is this the place to discuss this?  I've been having the (what
appears to be) common "freeze"  (computer completely locks and
requires hard shutdown and restart) while playing iTunes (4.9).  I'm
also running "Tiger" 10.4.2.

Most recently, I had to restart and got "3 beeps," a few "flashes" of
the pulsing "Sleep" light below the "PowerBook G4" logo on the
screen.  I "hard" shutdown and restarted again and all is well.  The
Apple hardware diagnostic cd tells me my hardware is fine.  The
"Logic board" is a couple of weeks old (thanks to AppleCare).  I have
1 gig of "Crucial" RAM.  The hard drive is a 60 gig replacement
that's about 6 months old.  Any thoughts?  Or is this the wrong place
to ask this question (this is a 667 Ti).

I saw some "workarounds" for this iTunes "freeze" problem a couple
weeks back, but did not pay enough attention to recall the "tricks"
and now can't find them.

Sincerely,
Brad