[Ti] Re: QT Pro issue

Timothy Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Tue Jul 19 13:41:22 PDT 2005

WOW!  Three different threads replying to the same message.

Brian posted a message, then zefred hit REPLY and changed the Subject
(rather than type in the address to the list) and then Hector did the
same thing.

This results in all 3 of these messages (and all their followups)
being threaded together, despite having nothing to do with each other.

PLEASE -- when you are sending a NEW message to the list, use NEW
MESSAGE.  When sending a REPLY use REPLY (caps for clarification not
yelling)

So without further ado, here are my attempts to reply to these
questions:

On Jul 18, 2005, at 8:19 AM, ~flipper wrote:

> I upgraded to QuickTime pro (again, think this is the third time i
> bought it since jaguar). And i see zero /cut/copy/save, and no edit
> selecting 'triangles', regardless of media/codec, inside QuickTime.
>
> I've double- and triple-checked my registration number, it IDs
> itself as QT pro. I'm stumped. Any ideas? thanks.

No good ideas, just guesses... trash the QT preferences and try
again?  You probably could even call Apple with this one, since you
bought it from them.

On Jul 18, 2005, at 10:08 AM, zefred wrote:

> I bought my 1Ghz motherboard to replace the original 800Mhz one,
> and , of course, it came completely as an OEM, nothing with it.
>
> I'd like to test my hardware but have trouble with my Hardware
> Diagnostic CD.
>
> WHen I try the original AHD CD, it just says "this disk is not
> compatible with your hardware, please use the disk provided with
> your hardware, labeled "apple hardware diagnostic"".
>
> Any idea where I could put my hands on a 1Ghz AHD CD or CD image ?

No ideas, sorry

On Jul 18, 2005, at 5:33 PM, Hector Luna wrote:
> I might be in the market for a new PowerBook sooner than expected.
> The last time I bought a PB, a faster model came out the following
> week. I'd rather not repeat that.
>
> Does anyone have any idea when the next speed bump might be, and
> what it might get bumped to?

The 1.67 bump was not all that long ago, I'd guess that it would be
awhile, but no one really knows.

TjL