[Ti] OT: Timbuktu, Apple Remote or web-based?

Murray Kastner murrayka at mac.com
Fri Jun 3 01:19:49 PDT 2005

I guess everyone is busy with the WWDC this week so I may be forgiven
for broaching an off-topic subject: (or can someone just steer me to
a productive forum)

What is the best form of remote diagnostics for a consultant to use
to streamline customer support?

I tutor seniors in using Macs to use the Internet and I'd like to cut
down on wasteful driving time when I can use remote means to remedy
common problems. Older folks seem to have lower thresholds for
frustration and I believe knowing that help is just a phone call away
will dispel some of the frustration.

My apologies for the digression but I believe the topic may be of
interest to others as well. To link it to the primary purpose of the
list, I plan to put together a package for seniors: an iBook or
PowerBook bundled with tutoring and support (for a set fee plus
follow-up). Should be approximately $2-3000.plus follow-up costs.
And, yes it might be expensive for some but there are plenty of
seniors with more money than expertise who will pay for a convenient
entree to cyberspace to stay in touch with their progeny...

Murray