[Ti] like hell freezing over ?

Henry Kalir kalirhe at umdnj.edu
Sat Jun 4 16:12:56 PDT 2005

Dr Trevor J. Hutley wrote:

>         Steve Jobs is switching the Macintosh to Intel hardware,
>         with an announcement due Monday in the WWDC 2005 keynote
>
> I can hardly believe what I am reading.
> Does anyone have any confirmation that such an incredible transition
> is going to occur?
>
> regards,  Trevor

IF it's true - makes perfect sense to me. We've already done away with
those ridiculously expensive SCSI drives, we're using regular RAM chips
and ...are none the worse. If we can now use Intel chips or AMD chips -
there will likely be a great expansion in the # of Mac OS users and
hence - an increase in the # of applications either written or ported to
the Mac OS.

The only thing which surprises me is...that (again, IF this is indeed
true) this idea has taken so long to reach the geniuses in Cupertino.

I would guess that the iPod's success has finally convinced them of this.

Best,

Henry