[Ti] A different view on Intel/Apple marriage

Hector Luna polonius19 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 14:28:23 PDT 2005

I've been using VMWare for windows/linux emulation for a while now.
The caveat w/ that app is that the host system has to be running on
x86. What I really like about it is that there is almost no
performance degradation for the emulated system, unlike VPC which has
horrible degradation issues. I guess w/ OS Xl (?) VMWare can steal
market share from Micro$haft.

I'm trying hard to find the silver lining in this whole deal. This is
about all I can come w/ so far.

On 6/6/05, Seymour Wolfson <wolfson at wayne.edu> wrote:
> >It is unlikely that we will see any other manufacturer's machines
> >running OS X. Phil Schiller was quoted as saying today that Apple
> >has "no plans" to run OS X on anything other than Apple made
> >computers.
> >
> >Matt

> I wonder if that might make it easier to run Windows on the same
> machine for those of us who do need to use the Windows platform
> sometimes.  Basically you would not need to have VPC. Windows would
> be running in native code.  Could be a very clever move by Apple.
> --
>
> Seymour

You got three pair. You can't have three pair. You can't have six
cards in a five card game. --Rusty