[Ti] Let The Platform Wars Begin

MBurke6225 at aol.com MBurke6225 at aol.com
Tue Jun 7 12:07:37 PDT 2005

In a message dated 6/7/05 1:51:16 PM, shawn at yourmaclife.com writes:

> You're kidding, right? It costs Developers up to $3,500/year to be members
> of Apple's ADC Premier Membership and $500/year to be a ADC Select Member.
>
> $999.00 isn't all that much for *serious* developers (members willing to pay
> the above membership dues) to have a smoking hot machine on rental for a
> year.

Shawn makes great points in his two recent posts.   There is too much
misinformation going on and not enough education.   Facts are being established even
as we write these posts.   It's simple really... Apple will be Apple.   Just
trust in that fact.   They've got some great engineers and designers who are
champing at the bit to step into the future.   I am looking forward to seeing
what kind of tricks Jobs has induced at Intel...it's gonna be fun to watch this
unfold.   Have we forgotten what Jobs did to market the iPod?   He's nobody's
fool.   Look at the Players:   Sony, Nintendo, MS XBox, Apple...whew how
Machiavellian.    Let the Platform Wars being.