[Ti] like hell freezing over ?

Jesse Brown jesse.brown at mac.com
Tue Jun 7 11:54:27 PDT 2005

On 6/7/05 2:24 PM, "Alan Thompson" <alan at alanthompson.net> wrote:

> I thought that was pretty crazy too.  Apparently, though, it includes
> a PC.  That'll drive the cost right up.  They should probably just
> offer the kit for free, AND the bundled PC kit.
>
> I was kind of under the impression that if you wanted people to
> develop software for your platform, you wouldn't try to gouge them to
> pay for the tools to do so.

You should probably check out the cost of Microsoft's development tools.
They aren't free, ranging in cost from 199 - to over $2500.

If you want free tools go the linux route and use Sourceforge. Of course
don't be expecting to make any money with your resulting products.

Mac and Windows developers will pay for the developer tools because they
expect to make money off of the resultant product. Development is not a
hobby.
--
Jesse

"If you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible,
elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is
completely impervious to reality"  -H. Arp