[Ti] To be 64 or not to be 64

Carlos Fernando Hernandez nandoz at cln.megared.net.mx
Tue Jun 7 16:20:06 PDT 2005

Dear co-Macusers,

I was shocked at the time Steve Jobs confirm the Intel rumor. But at the
same time pop up a few questions in my mind.

Does Apple have a terrible fight with IBM due to fact G5 processors
aren't what they asked for (>= 3ghz)?

If Apple is going to change to Intel, wich 64bit processor will they use?
http://www.intel.com/products/processor/index.htm?iid=HPAGE+header_products_processors&
http://www.intel.com/products/processor/xeon/index.htm
http://www.intel.com/products/processor/pentiumXE/index.htm
I found these answers, may not be the one.

Leopard will be launch in the middle of the transition, will be Leopard
a crossplataform OS?

And finally, if Apple secretly developed a "just in case" version of Mac
OS X for X86 machines, what kind of Mac we'll receive in the near
future? macintel? are they gonna change only the Processor and adapt the
around chips for it?

Just a few question to think about, maybe I'm wrong, maybe I just went
further but, "just in case" will be looking around to see if I found a
Leopard in the X86 world under a different name.

Carlos Hernández
PB 800 MHZ, PB 1GHZ, PowerMac 1GHZ... PB G5 (will wait for you).

 --
Gran parte de las dificultades por las que atraviesa el mundo, se deben
a que los ignorantes

BERTRAND ARTHUR W.RUSSELL