[Ti] To be 64 or not to be 64

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Tue Jun 7 18:42:53 PDT 2005

On 6/7/05 6:20 PM, "Carlos Fernando Hernandez" <nandoz at cln.megared.net.mx>
wrote:

> Does Apple have a terrible fight with IBM due to fact G5 processors
> aren't what they asked for (>= 3ghz)?

It certainly looks that way.

> If Apple is going to change to Intel, wich 64bit processor will they use?

That has not been announced.

> Leopard will be launch in the middle of the transition, will be Leopard
> a crossplataform OS?

That has not been announced but presumably.

> And finally, if Apple secretly developed a "just in case" version of Mac
> OS X for X86 machines, what kind of Mac we'll receive in the near
> future?

Define "near future"? For the next 8-10 months, any machines Apple announces
will be the exact same as the machines we all use today.

At some point (most likely after Macworld Expo SF 2006) Apple will start
selling machines with the "MacIntel Chip" inside of them. But no one knows
which machines (PB's, iMacs, Towers?) those will be.

> are they gonna change only the Processor and adapt the
> around chips for it?

The processor *is* the chip(s).

--
Shawn King