[Ti] like hell freezing over ?

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Wed Jun 8 07:51:47 PDT 2005

Even plain ol’ end users will notice the downgrade of applications to
the inferior platform. If you read the preamble to the new
Development Kit, it is  plain as day that since PowerPC is being
abandoned, so is the vision of 64-bit processing! Apple refers to
IA-32 in the transition process but no mention of 64-bit
architecture. Also, developers who have relied on such routines that
are provided to AltiVec, etc. will have to dumb down their
applications to run on Intel.

I stand firmly by my statement that developers are being called on to
downgrade their applications so they will work on an inferior platform!

jg