[Ti] Let The Platform Wars Begin

Peter Sealy pandcsealy at internode.on.net
Wed Jun 8 11:49:03 PDT 2005

On 08/06/2005, at 8:39 AM, Don Schaefer wrote:

> I've enjoyed all the posts on this amazing development. Being a
> non-geek, I don't know AMD from x86 from PPC in terms compiling code
> for chip architecture, so I've learned a lot.
snip

Me also, but I've a lot to learn! <G>

But what I have learned in my life is a fair bit about fraud and big
business [pretty much synonymous really]. So, one factor which has
not been canvassed in this whole debate is the trustworthiness of the
major players. Within the framework of this massive love-in between
Apple, Microsoft, Adobe, Intel, etc etc, how long will the guarantees
of continued support and development last?

Nothing I can do about it, I know.

Just my cynical 2c

Peter Sealy
Thurgoona AUSTRALIA