[Ti] Re: like hell freezing over ?

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Wed Jun 8 15:54:28 PDT 2005

On 6/8/05 5:41 PM, "Chris Olson" <chris.olson at astcomm.net> wrote:

> On Jun 8, 2005, at 3:26 PM, Shawn King wrote:
>
>> Ah...I see...you don't like my "insults" but Chris cursing and
>> swearing is OK?
>
> Look, you self-righteous frickin' zealot; WTF do you think you are?
> Steve Jobs right-hand man?

No - that would be Avie Tevanian.

> I didn't curse and swear anymore than Scott Smith:

I never compared your swearing to anyone else.

> "This is the end of Apple computers for me.  I'll never buy another one
> of their products again.  He must have lost his mind.  Imagine dropping
> all your applications so you can run Windooze BS.  I'm so pissed off I
> can't believe he can be such as A-hole."
>
> Why don't you go admonish him too?

OK.

> One thing about mailing lists; for anybody who's only capable of
> writing useless one-liners, such as yourself, an informative post with
> information in it is called a "rant".  It's really too bad the Ti list
> has to be populated with such shallow, self-righteous individuals.

Isn't it though?

> Maybe someday you'll escape the effects of the Jobs Reality Distortion
> Field and realize Apple Computer has lied to, mislead, deceived,
> whatever you want to call it - their customers.  You think I'm alone?
> Hah!  What us migrate off the Mac en masse.

Buh bye. Don't let the CPU hit you in the ass on the way out.

> Now that the Mac has
> become nothing but a PC with an Apple logo on it, only the die-hards
> are going to be left.

That's right. No one else. Just us chickens....

>  And don't sit there smug with some line that
> Apple will protect the platform so it'll only run on a Mac.

I said no such thing.

> To do so
> only displays stupidity.  The open source guys will have Intel OS X
> running on a Dell in no time flat.  They're *experts* at
> reverse-engineering things like that, just like iTunes DRM was easily
> broken, and every time Apple patches the hole Jon has a new release of
> the libs out within a day and it's cracked again.

And the vast majority of people don't care and don't bother.

> Apple's success has been serving a niche market that has the money -
> not the commodity market.  They just lost their high-end market -
> enterprise, servers, scientific, data analysis, etc..

How do you figure that? There are no Intel machines in the high end? Apple
can't sell their MacIntel machines running OS X to the high end?

> Your statement
> that IBM couldn't deliver the chips Apple wants only illustrates your
> total ignorance of the industry.

No - it demonstrates that I've been paying attention the past few years.
Where is the 3Gig G5 IBM promised Apple and Apple promised us, among other
things?

> IBM can easily put a 64-bit Power chip in a PowerBook

Of course they can. I never said they couldn't. But it sure as heck wouldn't
be as small, light and (relatively) cool as a present G4 AiBook.

> - the Xbox 360 is living proof with a triple core
> PowerPC chip - the IBM Blade servers that are thinner than an Xserve,
> with dual core Power5's are living proof.  Apple didn't want to pay IBM
> what those chips are worth and didn't think they should use some of
> their profits for chip development with IBM - therefore they lost their
> niche market that has been so successful to them by switching to a
> commodity chip.

And, if that were the case, I'd say they made a wise move.

> I'm off the Ti list - I got much better things to do than listen to
> your personal insults on the list.  I never did that to you.  I
> expected the same in return.  You're not the frickin' list moderator.
> Maybe someday you'll wake up.  But I doubt it.

Thanks.

--
Shawn King
Host/Executive Producer