[Ti] Re: like hell freezing over ?

David DelMonte ddelmonte at mac.com
Wed Jun 8 23:58:01 PDT 2005

I believe that a number of business analysts and reporters log into
these lists and Mac fora, so we should endeavor to keep our
communications logical and hold off on feelings and acrimony if
possible. Right now, I believe that the analysts and saying that the
mac community is "confused" about this change.

For my own part, I agree with that analysis. I hate the idea that we
are now on the same ship as Microsoft - it's everything we've stood
up against in supporting this technology platform - However - I like
what SJ said -- that we must remember that Intel created the
microprocessor - and that things change.

With a a little perspective, I don't really care what engine I have
running my computer, I just want my computer a) to work, and b) to be
fun.

I've used just about every Apple computer and every Windows OS. I've
never met a windows user who have said that their computer is fun to
use. To most mere mortals, it's a necessary evil.

Yesterday, a friend was here. He is a Windows user as he doesn't know
any better. He has been terrified of digital photography. The stories
about downloading pictures into a PC that he has heard are keeping
him from getting into it - he is a photographer. So - we took his new
digital camera out of the box, took a dozen pictures, then took it to
my powerbook.

I plugged in his camera to my USB cable. iPhoto started
automatically, recognized his camera, told us we had 15 pictures to
import and flashed the import button. We clicked it and the pictures
downloaded. He was amazed and asked where can I buy a mac.

That's what's important to me. That kind of functionality. If that
happens faster with a new chip running, I'm all for it. Even if it's
Intel.

David